I attended a “BayFF” event by the Electronic Frontier Foundation about the role of social media in the recent events in Iran. They also had someone from the EFF talk about the situation and events in South America, so I offered to talk about Pakistan–and ended up talking a bit more broadly about South Asia and beyond, as [...]
Had a short appearance on The Brian Lehrer Show on WNYC, New York Public Radio: Former New York mayor Ed Koch, then Steve Coll and Barnett Rubin, and then Sarah Chayes and I discuss the next President and policy in Pakistan and Afghanistan: http://www.wnyc.org/shows/bl/episodes/2008/10 /30/segments/114093. Brian mentions me as an intern, though I don’t know that I can [...]
SAJA BRIEFING: The South Asian Blogosphere and How Its Changing the Media 8:35pm Website: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/saja/2008/09/26/desiblogs “The South Asian Journalists Association presents an online panel discussion among some of the best-known names in the South Asian blogosphere. They will discuss the state of the blogosphere (South Asian and otherwise) and how it is affecting how news [...]
- When faced with a cannon …
- APEX Express Radio Report on Taking on the Pakistan Taliban: Context and Prospects
- Mr Modi, Let's End Colonialism in India—and Elsewhere
- Why "dan Boko"?
- @HillaryClinton is right: "Sunnis" aren't the problem in Iraq; they are (part of) the solution
- Storify to the Editor: ISIS, Taliban and the 1500-Year Myth
- Islam vs. Culture; Islamic Republic vs. Community of Muslims
- Pakistani Left Says No to Talks with Taliban/TTP
- "Liberty cannot depend on…good intentions"
- Apparently the Brown Sahibs think "stupid" is a humane, sensible comment
- No public Twitter messages.